Saturday, January 12, 2008

to the dogs or whoever


How could I have failed to post about the biggest news of the year?

I got a dog! A little black dog, more specifically. Fluffy. Rescue dog. Supposed to be a mix of Pomeranian and spaniel. Ish.

Anyway, his name is Tybee (aka Tybers, Tyberius, and Ty-Ty). Even hubby loves him already. He's a sweet and friendly little guy. He's got me walking about 30 minutes almost every day, at a brisk pace (his short little legs really move). He's great in the car and doesn't have accidents in the house. I do feel bad about leaving him alone while I'm at work but he's very very happy to see me when I get home.

In other news: I'm ready to move from this house (I'm pretty sure of that) into a smaller one more reasonable for just two people. We've been looking already. Of course when T gets a plan into his head, he wants to plunge forward, so I'm having to drag my heels a bit to be sure we're doing the right thing. We're looking at some that are very close to the best park in town, which would make it really convenient for Tybee-walking. The downsides, of course, would be less room for guests and no more pool. Boo hoo. I'd manage somehow.

What else? Let's see. I'm excited about the upcoming new music: an album from Moby and one from R.E.M., plus an R.E.M. tour (woot!). I'm pretty sad that they'll be at SXSW this year when my spring break is the next week, but I may take a half-day off to go try to get into the venue or at least hang around outside listening (I'm hoping they'll be in the outdoor "amphitheatre" of the place).

Work. Oh my. Things have happened that I cannot share here, but the situation is depressing and frustrating and annoying. How's that? At least I still get lots of pleasure from individual students and am enjoying my involvement with Natural Helpers, Interact, and even Culture Club.

And hubby just sold my car. Yes, the mava-mobile is going bye-bye. It's been having too many problems and we don't want to put money into it, so he sold it to a co-worker who can do the repairs himself. A good investment for that guy, and it gets a problem off our hands. Looks like I'll be in the little green Beetle for a while.

2 comments:

Tina. said...

I love your new template!

And Tybee is such a cutie. Isn't it great how dogs force us to go outside and be good to our bodies? :)

Good luck house-hunting!

Oh, and so sorry to hear things are yucky and stressful at work.

{{{{{{{{{Lucy}}}}}}}}}

Lydia said...

I like the new layout.

Good that T and Ty are getting on so well, and I'm glad that there's still some pleasure in work for you.