Monday, November 09, 2009

a gathering of book lovers




Back from the American Association of School Librarians conference in Charlotte, North Carolina. The weather there was perfect and Charlotte is a walking-friendly city. Highlights of the conference were being able to talk and have a picture made with Stephen Chbosky, and getting a nice pile of free books from various vendors.




Charlotte has some wonderful restaurants; our favorite was Mert's Heart and Soul, serving good old Southern soul food. Our second time there I had the salmon cakes with cornbread, red beans, and yams. Their cakes were to-die-for and their sweet tea was amazing.


Yesterday we had brunch at a place called Zink, where I experienced chocolate bread pudding
and some of the most delectable grits ever

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Great you had a good time and some very yummy-looking food. I LOVE that brick wall statue thingy!

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Now, I feel good, I begin take up real money.
It gets down to select a proper partner who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the profit with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]