Wednesday, October 18, 2006

the bonnet wears a wire albatross

Crud but it's hard going back to work after a week off. In addition, we're all mourning because this is the last year we get our beloved Fall Break.

So I've been overwhelmingly sleepy this week and not able to force myself to go to bed early. Too many things to do, not enough time to do them. Want to read, crochet, post, read, play. Oh well.

Too tired to write a long blog this time. Just wanted to moan a bit about the misery of work. Hubby and I both need to retire. Wish that were a possibility.

This afternoon I attended a baby shower for an expectant new grandmother. Great fun, a bunch of 40 & 50 year old ladies oohing and ahhing over baby things. I didn't get my gift made in time, so sat at the shower crocheting ruffles on both ends of a prefolded diaper to make a burp cloth. It was fun, a conversation item, and provided the opportunity to talk about my hat project. One of the ladies mentioned that her church sponsors an orphanage in Kenya, at a fairly high altitude, and the kids wear little knitted skullcaps or short beanies. So, if I lose my contact in Afghanistan, I can make hats for the Kenyan orphans. They're required to shave their heads, girls and boys alike, so need little hats for warmth. Sounds like a fun project.

Off, perchance to bed. Perchance to dream.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

You get yourself an early night soon. Sorry to hear about the change in school holidays. Will you get the benefit of the week's break at another time in the academic year?

lulukubo said...

Nope. We'll be starting classes later in August so will lose some of our breaks.