Sunday, October 29, 2006

watch the decline from a hazy distance

So, what have I done? A coworker has to make a blog for a class she's taking, and I blithely said "Oh, you can look at mine" before stopping to think. Not that it matters. It was just kind of nice to pretend anonymity here. But it's okay.

What's been going on?

Friday night I went to my first-ever ice hockey game, Dallas Stars defeated by Detroit Redwings. It was kinda fun - better than watching hockey on tv, no doubt. Was with a group of ten, including AA and SS from work. On the way home, AA said something that pretty much confirmed a suspicion that I had had, disappointingly (sort of), about someone else at work. Overall, it was interesting to hear some talk about various people from work. I don't get to network much, being in the library all day.

Things are not going smoothly for Z, so now I'm spending energy fretting about her. I don't know the solution. Don't know what to do or say or suggest. Some things defy reason and logic, they just are what they are.

Sometimes it all seems too hard. I was thinking about that yesterday, about how I felt in 2004.

This blog entry is going downhill fast. Enough. Never mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww... {{{Zee & Lu-Cee}}}

Lydia said...

I'm sending out good thoughts for you and Z. Another one of those times when I wish I could give you real hugs, but the virtual type is all I have to give right now. (((((Lucy)))))