Saturday, January 20, 2007

orange crush



This is a "catch up" blog, an effort to record what's been actually going on in my life. It's January, so seems like a good time for this. It will probably occur in installments.

Last week we went to England, quite possibly our last vacation abroad for a while. Overall it was a very good trip. We all enjoy the friend we stayed with outside of London very much. Clever couple, cute kids, sweet dog, great food, all just lovely.

We arrived on Wednesday at Gatwick, took a direct train to Watford. I messed up getting the train tickets but managed to get it all straightened out and we arrived there as expected. We enjoyed hot cockaleeky (spelling?) soup and bread for lunch. Z and I wanted to go to the mall (shopping centre), so J took us and W. We dropped T off at a neighborhood pub while we shopped.

It was pretty strange having my real family and my virtual extended family meet. Everyone seemed to get along well and enjoy one another though. W seemed truly happy with the Beatles 45 I framed for him. He brought me an adorable hedgehog and a very large, very orange Hamster Week bag! Awesome. Of course we thought the bag needed to be put to use so a very cooperative big black pudding-hound was pressed into service.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Not sure how one spells cockaleeky. Never had that kind of soup. Is it light on the cock with a lot of leeks? LOL Ok, yeah, trust me to say something like that.

Looking forward to the next installment. Wondering if I'll be making a guest appearance.