Thursday, June 21, 2007

a brilliant night, I'm still awake

I'm going to include some extraneous details here because there are things that I'll forget, which I want to remember, so bear with me, please.

For the Book Expo, I stayed first at the Hotel Metro on W. 35th St. It was pretty good, except the AC wasn't adequate. Then I spent one night at an official conference hotel, Holiday Inn Midtown. It was very nice, had good AC, large room, and was affordable because of the conference rate.

After the Expo ended, I went to visit my young friend John at his apartment on the upper upper west side, in an old building with a marble and tile lobby and marble staircase. He lives on the second floor with Bridget the cat and Parker the yorkie, along with a human roommate or two. I totally fell in love with Parker and want a yorkie of my own now. What a tiny sweetheart!

It was wonderful to be able to spend so much time with John and catch up on his hectic life. We went for a stroll with Parker, went out to eat at his neighborhood diner, made a trip to the dollar store down the street. It was all fun. He even came along on some adventures with me and my friends later in the week.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

And I fell in love with Bridget, although Parker is adorbale too. Good that you got to spend a fair bit of time with John. It was a pleasure to meet him and fun that we saw him several times too.

Anonymous said...

Yorkies want cuddles every 15 minutes and be walked a lot, too. Are you at home during the day? If not, then don't get a Yorkie!

Uhm, why do I have an identity here :eek: