Thursday, August 23, 2007

Due to popular demand (okay, well, Lydia-demand anyhow) I'm blogging again already.

My summer holiday is over. This Tuesday I had to go back to work at the library, and got the confirmation that one of my aides, JA, is transaferring to another high school to job-share. I'm happy for her, she worked long and hard to get her degree and become a librarian, and it's actually a good situation for her, though she'd love to be getting the entire salary instead of a portion. Today we had a secondary librarians meeting and she was there in her new capacity. It was fun, though it took some adjusting for everyone. Whenever she said "we" I wasn't sure if she meant "we" as in my school or "we" as in where she is now. She usually meant my school, as she still thinks of herself as part of my team. I'll take her a little while to adjust.

Meanwhile, I'm searching for a new aide. I may have someone to interview in the morning. If she doesn't pan out, I'm pretty much at a deadend. The position hasn't been posted on the district website yet though, so there could be someone out there for me. It's jsut going to be really rough to start school Monday with only the two of us. I'll have to train the student aides (that was part of JA's job) and then when I get a new paraprofessional aide, I'll have to train her, all the while hoping that my other aide doesn't try to run her off like she did when JA was new.

It's all too complicated. What it boils down to is that this is going to be an extremely difficult and trying fall. Oh well. One day at a time. Laugh, and the world laughs with you.

Fortunately, the new Josh Ritter CD has some songs that have not yet failed to bring a smile to my face, so if I can listen to at least one on my way to work every morning, and maybe have a chance to hear one at lunchtime, I can get through this with that smile firmly in place.

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Gosh, Lydia-demand actually worked! That doesn't happen anywhere near often enough. LOL

It sounds like you have a very challenging year ahead of you. I hope you can get a new aide that will be a real asset to you and the library. And your other aide tried to run off JA back then? What's up with that?!

I'm glad you've got some music that you love to get you smiling. Music really can be the ultimate mood-booster. Keep smiling, hon.

Unknown said...

Lydia is right. I like reading your blog, Lucy. You know how to write well.

lulukubo said...

Gee, Stephane, I didn't realize you read my blog. Thanks for your kind comment.

Lydia - long story re my library aides, but basically the older one is upset by change of any kind. She's mellowed a lot in the last four years though.

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that even here, it is a Ritter-zone.

Bless his little spuddy cotton sox. I should go and see him in London, but things are at the hectic end of bedlam at present and I am moving closer to death.

We all are; I know. But this is a serious tease, as it is a riddle but a true one. It is a Scott McOi type thing.

I must write to SMcOi and tell him. He would be proud. I have an e-mail address for him. Not sure how I got it, but I have been waiting for something relevant to tell him.

We all love Lucy. I was a fan of Mr. Ed; personally, but still love Lucy.

Back to my ditherings. Must send you the 'Friends of Cassiobury Park' newsletter. It is flippin' awesome.

Little things........

Old Chinese proverb say stop rambling and dithering and get to.

Laters



SchizoidRhomboidMike