Wednesday, November 28, 2007

memories were like coins that tumbled

Well dang, I have readers! I had no idea that anyone would notice a new blog so quickly. *blush*

So I suppose I should say more. Thanksgiving was an adventure this year because I had a guest from the Netherlands. It was her second trip to the US and first time in Texas, so it was quite interesting to see things through her eyes. She's very curious and interested in many things, so I spent a lot of time answering questions and showing sights. It was nice to get out to three museums (all in Fort Worth) as well as the Dallas World Aquarium, the Stockyards, and some shops. Turning a vegetarian animal-rights activist thrifty European into a rabid consumer was kind of fun (even though I know she's back to her old habits by now and was really only doing Christmas shopping and taking advantage of the lovely Bush economy). One very exciting event was that I converted her to rabid Ritterdom. Heh.

Ann stayed in Jessica's room during her visit - she was Jess's friend first, on the Moby board. Just this evening I discovered a note Ann left behind on the bedside table, with a poem about Jessica that brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful.

5 comments:

Hezalin said...

awww, it sounds like you both had a good time, and that was so sweet of her to sneak that poem in for you as well. Aren't friends wonderful?

Tina. said...

Good times!

And just reading about Ann leaving a poem brought tears to my eyes.

Lydia said...

You mean you didn't think that people would be sitting on the edge of their seat waiting for an update from you? I practically fell off mine it's been so long. Haha!

That is just the sweetest thing of Ann to do. And oh my, you really are trying to convert the world to the way of the Ritter!

Hezalin said...

BTW: I check your blog every day, jsut hoping for osme tidbit of info. heehee

lulukubo said...

Dang, Hez, either you're the most devoted reader ever, or a truly scary stalker! ;>D