Tuesday, November 27, 2007

the ships to set me free

Dangittie, it's been forever since I last blogged and I'm too sleepy tonight to say much. San Diego. Boise. Austin. Reno. Austin again. San Marcos. Upcoming adventure: with the husband to El Paso and Albuquerque, Flat Pablo in tow (though he isn't flat, actually. . . yet).

Seriously, I've been roaming a lot this fall, and expect my usual Dear Readers already know about that so there's not much point in going into it all here.

I left off with waiting for my new aide to begin work. She's been with us now for a couple of months or so and is working out well. She's not JA, but she has her own strengths.

Story from today: I was over in the assistant principal's area, walking down the hall past the principal's office. Saw him unlocking his door, so as I drew even with him I said a cheery "good morning". I heard him say, enthusiastically, "Good morning! How are you?" and instantly realized that he was talking to another lady who was still down the hall, completely ignoring little old moi, who was right freakin' beside the idiot. I swear.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Well, this Dear Reader does know about your gadding here there and almost everywhere, but it's still fun to read about it.

Was the other lady someone that the AP might have been trying to get off with? Still rude to ignore you, though; git!

Hezalin said...

Right rude that AP, I'd have to have stepped onhis toe on ometing!! and oh, at last, a Blog Update. I was sooo excited!!!! and yes, not everyone can keep up in the Tracto bar, so details here would be enticing and exciting. We live vicariously through your wild school librarian life, ya know!!

Tina. said...

It was so good to see you, Lucy!

Have fun with all of your upcoming travel-adventures. <3