Thursday, May 13, 2010



Cousin C and I have been working on the upcoming family reunion, the first ever official one for our branch of the Smiths, and it has been a blast. I traveled with her to Mississippi to scrutinize the B&B we've rented for the weekend, and to check out the park where we'll go fishing. We visited the cemetery where our grandparents are buried and toured the house where they used to live, thanks to the accomodating current owner.


C had the idea to make an ABC book about memories of the house and our grandparents, and enlisted me to help since I'm slightly more proficient on the computer. We worked long hours getting it just right, scanning numerous ancient letters and photographs and arranging them just so. I hope all the cousins will enjoy having the book even half as much as we enjoyed making it.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I wonder if the planning has been more fun for you than the reunion itself might be! Though I hope that's a wonderful few days for you.