Saturday, May 29, 2010

starting the day with Jon Stewart










What a way to begin a Thursday morning! Jon Stewart MCed the Adult Author Breakfast; other authors appearing were Condi Rice, John Grisham, and Mary Roach. I didn't know who Roach was, but am glad to have discovered her. We all received a free ARC of her new book, Packing for Mars, about astronautical things. The other authors didn't have books ready but we received previews of theirs and they look good.
I was standing in line to enter the ballroom for the breakfast when suddenly Stewart and his "people" came bounding down the stairs (well, Stewart bounded, the "people" just tried to keep up). He was pumping his arm and shouting and generally being his goofy, enthusiastic self. As with the Childrens Author Breakfast, the "breakfast" consisted of a "muffin bucket" as Stewart called it. And once again, the first people at the table had grabbed all the bagels. Muffins again for moi.
I had to leave the Javits Center at 11:30 to head to Newark and my flight home, so after breakfast I mostly just wandered the exhibits and picked up a few more books. *blush* One bit of excitement was discovering that the Super Shuttle could take me straight from the Javitz to the airport for a mere $15; that gave me a bit more time to stay at the Expo.

No comments: